Please note that this position is no longer available. If you would like to be considered for similar opportunities now or in the future, feel free to click "Pursue this Position" and set up a notifier for yourself.
TX - Houston
Opportunity SnapshotThis position offers you the opportunity to do the kinds of things that motivated you to become an engineer in the first place: to develop innovative solutions to intriguing actuations and digital controls problems. At CCI we have built our reputation on our technical savvy and not only will you will be part of the expert team (known as "Valve Doctors") that provides engineered solutions, you also will be the primary resource regarding actuators and controls for our US customers. At the same time, this role is global in scope and you'll travel to Italy (among other locations) to become familiar with our manufacturing facilities there. We invest in our people and are committed to promoting from within whenever possible.
You'll act as the conduit between our US customers and our sales and production teams, including solving problems, interpreting specs, providing technical presentations and training, and more. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have significant engineering experience related to actuators and controls, including troubleshooting in the field. Quick question for you - click here You also will need a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers and sales staff. We're looking for a self-motivated professional who is proactive about anticipating issues, keeping an eye out for ways to make things better, and identifying opportunities to grow business.
CCI (Control Components, Inc) has earned the reputation as the "Severe Service Doctor" with a 40+ year legacy of solving customers' unique valve application problems with our patented DRAG TM technology and focus on engineering leadership and innovation. Among other markets, we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on the emerging nuclear energy renaissance as we continue our upward trajectory. You'll enjoy the entrepreneurial spirit of the world's leading provider of severe service control valve solutions and the resources and stability of IMI, our $3 billion parent corporation.
What Else You'll Bring to the TableIn addition to the qualifications detailed above, you'll need:
Preferred but not required:
- An engineering degree in Control Systems or Electronics; we also will consider a Mechanical Engineer with a strong background in electronics or electromechanical engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with at least 5 years as a Product Manager or Applications Engineer. Quick question for you - click here
- Solid presentation skills, including the ability to think on your feet and respond to questions from a variety of audiences.
- A strong sense of urgency as well as a results orientation.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a demonstrated ability to motivate others via assertive influence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You also will need to be willing and able to travel, sometimes internationally, up to 25% of the time. Initially you'll spend about two weeks in each of two facilities in Italy, one near Milan and the other near Florence, and you'll travel throughout the US on a regular basis.
- Experience in the valve industry.
- Experience with smart controllers on actuators.
- Bilingual Spanish and English skills.
What's in It for YouBroad and visible impact -- you'll join a relatively new Applications Engineering Group we created to support our ongoing growth. This group, and the company in general, has deep strength in mechanical engineering; you will be a key resource in electromechanical engineering for actuators and controls, an area of increasing importance to our organization.
Engineering at the core -- CCI is more than just a valve and actuator company; we are an engineering services company: about 40% of our employees are engineers and many have advanced degrees. We command the largest market share in the engineered valves sector, and many of our employees will tell you that the unique challenges of this sector energize them on a daily basis.
Professional development -- we place an enormous focus on professional development and you will have multiple high profile opportunities to showcase your potential to move up in the organization. You will acquire or expand your international experience as well as your knowledge of the valve industry and our applications in power generation, oil & gas production, petrochemical, and pulp & paper facilities worldwide.
Great company culture -- we've taken a proactive approach to developing an atmosphere that helps our people create success. You'll join a fun, innovative group of professionals who work hard and love what they do.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans; a 401(k) plan; holidays; flexible spending; tuition assistance; and more.
More About Your RoleIf you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some details.
Reporting to the Vice President of Technology and Product Development you will support both customers and our sales team regarding valve control systems manufactured in our Italian facilities. Quick question for you - click here You mission will be to deliver the best possible technical/commercial solution enabling our sales organization to meet the needs and expectations of our customers. You will develop and leverage an in-depth knowledge of CCI products and applications, our competitor's products, and the industry in order to support our efforts to increase sales and profitability.
Your activities will include:
- Providing direct customer support by conducting technical presentations and/or problem solving at customer facilities, conducting technical presentations at customer seminars, and attending technical review meetings.
- Providing support for our sales team by reviewing non-standard applications/products, interpreting specification requirements, reviewing P&ID & piping layouts, conducting technical risk reviews and field problem reviews, and evaluating deviation from standards.
- Providing material and training support for our sales team, including creating the value proposition for standard applications/products, creating customer-focused presentations, and training of our sales organizations.
- Leveraging our technical advantage to increase sales and profitability.
- Participating actively in influential technical associations and publishing technical articles in leading industry magazines.
- Ensuring that knowledge gained in the field from our customers or competitors flows to our Marketing and Development organizations.
- Contributing to the success of the company by identifying the needs of our customers and staying alert to changes from our competitors.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will truly enjoy solving problems and helping people and business achieve their goals. You also will maintain a solid sense of personal responsibility to both the customer and the sales team. While your technical expertise is important, you also will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with a variety of individuals and audiences, including design engineers, sales professionals, plant operations staff, and others. In addition, you'll need a proactive approach to spotting opportunities to grow the business and improve processes and products.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you!
Who We AreCCI is the world's leading expert in providing engineered valve, actuation, and control solutions that enhance performance and reliability in critical plant applications. Power generation, oil and gas production, petrochemical, and pulp and paper facilities worldwide rely on CCI's high integrity control systems for the safety of their operations.
With more than forty years of providing critical service applications to clients, CCI has nearly 2200 employees worldwide. This global organization has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Mexico, China, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Italy, the Czech Republic, South Korea, and Japan; sales and services offices in over fifteen countries and representatives in over sixty other countries. The company has grown aggressively over the past fifteen years as a result of both organic and acquisition growth (SULZER, BTG, STI, FluidKinetics, ABJ, Truflo Rona, Orton) and plans to continue this pattern over the next decade.
CCI Valve is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled